About Me

My photo

Former editor in chief of an award winning publication, avid outdoorsman, love hiking, kayaking, fishing, biking, visiting state parks, published writer, avid drinker, certified bartender, beer rater and I ran a bar tending school, and blogger writing under title of the Man Can Critic 

Monday, August 6, 2012

8/6/12 Warsteiner Oktoberfest

Today I finally got to get back to my favorite place to buy beer Brewer's Outlet in Pottsville. I picked up a case of Yuengling Oktoberfest. I was talking to the manager and she let me know that they already went threw 4 pallets so I can't wait for it to get cold enough to drink. The other night I had my first Oktoberfest of the season Warsteiner Oktoberfest. The temp came in at 41.7 degrees with a large 2" head in a pint glass. The head was a foamy off white with good lacing and a slow dissipation. The carbonation was little with a flat clarity and a gold color. It had a floral aroma and a grain taste. The flavor was light with an average finish length and a dry mouth feel. The tongue hit is towards the back with good body lacing. Overall it was a good representation of the style and a pretty easy drinking beer. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.




No comments:

Post a Comment