Friday, March 23, 2012

Strongbow a Gluten Free English Dry Hard Cider

So last night I was feeling like hitting another one of the strong ciders in the fridge. This was another sampling that I had gotten at Brewer's Outlet in Pottsville. Out of the three ciders I have had this is the one that I enjoyed the most. It also happens to be another gluten free beer option. I haven't really had anything less than excellent from the Great Britain Area. So last night my beer of choice was Strongbow distributed by HP Bulman. The temperature was nice at 42.3 degrees with a very small to nonexistent head that had a white appearance for the extremely short time it lasted. There was no head lacing and very little carbonation. The clarity was sparkling with a gold color and an apple aroma and taste. The flavor was light and the finish was short with a dry mouth feel. There was virtually no body lacing and a tongue hit that was towards the back. Overall I would give it an A for a solid taste that is a good representation of the style that doesn't have any frills but renders a great taste with an easy drink ability. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.
This is one of the new pictures I am using to give a pictorial image to my reviews.

Strongbow before being opened and poured.


Strongbow after being poured.


Beer bottle art featuring Strongbow.

Side view of recent ciders and English beers featuring Strongbow.

My last beer reviews featuring Strongbow at the top.

Picture of recipe of the day


Recipe of the day
This doesn't really go with Strongbow but I made it the day after I drank the Strongbow so I figured I'd add it in because it is amazing.

One small red onion diced
One large vine ripened tomato diced
1 of each small red, yellow and orange peppers diced
1 large jalapeno diced
2 cups cooked yellow corn
16 oz dry black beans
1 tbsp cumin
1 cup dry brown rice (I used half cup jasmine and half cup brown but I think all brown makes it more southwestern)
1 large mango sliced
1 tbsp olive oil

Cook brown rice and black bean to package instructions separately.  In hot frying pan olive oil and onion turn down heat to medium and cook 2-3 minutes. Add peppers, tomato and cumin and cook on high for 3-5 minutes or until most liquid evaporates off. Mix everything from frying pan into a bowl with cooked rice and black bean and garnish with sliced mango.

Nutritional information from myfitnesspal.com


Nutrition Facts

Strongbow - Hard Cider

  1.   
Calories240Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs31 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein0 g
Cholesterol0 mg
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.


Information from Strongbow website

Strongbow ® is a crisp, premium imported cider from the U.K. which delivers maximum refreshment in an authentic, traditional English recipe.

At the heart of every successful brand is a clear message. Strongbow® is built on the promise of maximum refreshment of body and mind – through this all the characteristics of the brand are connected.
With its clean refreshing taste and striking livery, Strongbow® appeals to import beer drinkers everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. My Person just simply have discovered this web site and of course read most
    of the articles. I absolutely love for example the
    way of writing and exactly how most of the texts
    are arranged. My Person bookmarked the page so my partner and I can come across it better
    in the future. At this point I am going to let you know a bit about this web
    site, which may be extremely related to all of your content.
    It is actually on the topic of maize nutrition as well as
    its risks as well as benefits for the body
    of a human. Additionally, you might discover documents which take a look at eating plans with no corn, which happens to
    be essentiel if you are that are suffering because of an
    allergy. I have in mind that the site design isn’t the most useful,
    but I the information is specified and definitely valid.
    I think that can be the crucial part belonging to a web property.
    You will discover several places that look really good,
    but do not have any kind of tips about it. Actually some of these expertise is unsuitable.
    This could be dangerous when considering
    to healthcare associated guides. Nonetheless, perhaps we are able to remain in contact.
    I can visit your webpage regularly, in order to
    that plz dont reduce your updates. English is simply not my 1st dialect,
    I fairly wish that you were able to get this statement.
    Take a look at my site ... no corn diet

    ReplyDelete