Saturday, November 19, 2011

11/18/11 Blue Moon Spiced Amber Ale

Last night I had Blue Moon Spiced Amber Ale out of the Winter Variety Pack I got at Brewer's Outlet in Pottsville. I will tell you that you should try and follow the pairings for this beer. My wife thought it would be good with hearty winter food and I found out definitely not. The ale has an ABV of 5.6% and had a temperature of 38.7 degrees. It had a large head at 3" that was off-white and foamy. The head lacing was excellent and the head dissipated slowly. It had a normal body clarity and a beautiful amber color. This ale has the strongest flavor I have ever had being dominated by cinnamon that you can easily taste. It had a citrus aroma and a hint of caramel in the taste. The flavor is very light with no bitterness and an average finish length. My mouth felt creamy and it hit my tongue in the middle. The head lacing was excellent. I first had the beer with some jalapeno potato soup which wasn't a good idea and then had with some apple which was much better. The variety pack has a recipe book with some really great sounding recipes that have beer in them. Overall I would give this beer an A because of its unusual flavor and its ease to drink. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly. Also no need for an opener this one is a twist off.

Information on the bottle: Dark Belgian Style Amber Ale with cinnamon.
Nutritional information provided by Blue Moon through Facebook
Calories in a 12 oz.: 185
Carbs in a 12 oz.: 15.2
Fats g in a 12 oz: 0


 Also If your looking for where to buy Blue Moon they have a locator on there web site at this address. Also according to Blue Moon's Facebook posts they say "As far as it being sold by itself, you never know..." 
So hopefully because of positive feedback they end up offering it in 6 packs instead of just the variety pack.

2 comments:

  1. I was never a fan of Blue Moon, but this is a good start. It was very easy to drink considering the flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it. I was wondering how you were fairing on that Christmas present.

    ReplyDelete