Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dorko's Cafe In Beautiful Mount Carmel, PA

So I decided I am going to start reviewing all the bars I hit in my travels to add to the things I write about. I will be a little lazier with these posts because the variety of bars I go to is not that huge but I still want to tell you about the great and not so great bars that I go to in order for others to get out and experience what they have to offer. The first bar I am going to review is my favorite trivia bar Dorko's Cafe in Mount Carmel, PA. This place is absolutely awesome. From the outside you would barely be able to tell that this is a bar but inside lies the mecca of all trivia and my favorite place to go to play trivia. They have trivia every Monday night around 8:15pm. It is the best trivia that you can find in the Schuylkill County area (ie Northumberland County) and probably the world. I went there on Monday for trivia and it was a really great time as usual. I play for the team the RZA which by the way is the team everyone loves to hate. We usually win but on this occasion we came up short but didn't do terrible on anything but we didn't know the main event for Wrestle Mania wasn't the Rock and John Cena. I had a two Chetties and a Magic Hat No. 9. Both of which were very excellent. They also have shuffle board, darts, great bartenders and the best owner in the entire world. He is one of the few owners that I have ever seen who is always there working the crowd and he is always in a great mood having a great time. It also has a great selection of bottle beer, cans and drafts on tap. Their prices are better than basically every where. They also have some great food along with a little bit of vegan stuff on the menu which is really rare for Schuylkill County. For more information check out their Facebook page and their home page. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.







13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The service is good only if the bartender isn't on her phone texting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's only one female bartender, so we can all guess who you are referring to!!

      Delete
  3. Mount Carmel isn't in Schuylkill County....it's in Northumberland. Good credibility...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the female bartender is on nite shift you are refering too. i've seen her in action. piss poor. waited 10 minutes for a beer. walked out, went somewhere else.

      Delete
  4. I've never had a problem with any of the bartenders there and it is very close to Schuylkill County and I did correct it to Northumberland. Sorry for the incorrect information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stopped by bar monday nite. had a nice crowd in there. person next to me said it was trivia nite. watching some of the people playing, i thnk they should call it dork nite at dorko's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The biggest Dork is asking the questions!

      Delete
    2. Deke has the best sweaters though and really knows his trivia.

      Delete
  6. is the guy you are refering to looks like beeker from the muppets?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some may say he looks a little like beeker or goose from top gun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. more like beeker with a fake bad back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow the love for Deke is amazing.

    ReplyDelete