Wednesday, October 24, 2012

10/24/12 Founders Breakfast Stout

It has been a while since the last time I have posted and its because I've been lazy. Its not that I'm drinking less. In fact I am drinking more its just been hard to get motivated to post. This is driving me nuts. I feel like I should be more motivated. But besides that I ended up successively brewing my second batch of beer. The Party Pig worked really well this time. I made sure the seals looked good and I kept it upright for 2 weeks before I put it in the fridge. The beer tasted pretty decent. I made Mr. Beer Cowboy Lager this time. So onto Founders Breakfast Stout. This stuff was amazing. I tried to drink it slowly so I could really enjoy. Then I made some Quaker Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal and had it with the second half of the beer. I had this beer out of my Guinness pint glass and it had a temperature of 46.8 degrees. The head size was average at about an inch. It poured nicely and had a rocky dark head the dissipated slowly with excellent lacing. The carbonation was little from what I could tell because this beer was a dark as a pitch black night. I mean you could not see anything through this beer. It had a taste and aroma of dark chocolate, coffee and oatmeal with the coffee taste being the strongest and the chocolate aroma being the strongest. The flavor was moderate with a long finish length and a dry mouth feel. The tongue hit was towards the back and the body lacing was excellent. Overall this beer was an A and probably one of if not the best beer I have ever had. If you love dark beers and coffee you will absolutely love this beer. Thanks for ready and as always drink responsibly.




Information from Founders website

The coffee lover’s consummate beer. Brewed with an abundance of flaked oats, bitter and imported chocolates, and Sumatra and Kona coffee, this stout has an intense fresh-roasted java nose topped with a frothy, cinnamon-colored head that goes forever.
  • ABV: 8.3%
  • IBUs: 60
  • Availability: Sep - Feb
Nutritional Information from myfitnesspal.com

Founder's Brewing Co. - Breakfast Stout (8.3% Abv)

  1.   
Calories249Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs0 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein0 g
Cholesterol0 mg  
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment