Friday, July 6, 2012

7/5/12 Ska Brewing Ten Pin Porter

The other night I decided to crack into one of the beers I got from a colleague at work who had taken a trip down to North Carolina and picked up a bunch on great beer for me. I had heard about Ska Brewing a while ago and then seen that I couldn't purchase it PA or any states that were close. So when my colleague said he was going down to North Carolina I remembered that this was one of the states you could get beer from Ska Brewing. He ended up getting me the Ten Pin Porter so that is what I had on Tuesday night. The temperature was 30.9 degrees and I had it in my Blue Moon Pilsener. The head size was average at about 2" with a foamy dark brown appearance. The head lacing was excellent and it dissipated slowly. The carbonation was lively with a dark clarity and a black color. The taste and aroma were a burnt coffee. The flavor was moderate and the finish was long with a dry mouth feel and a front tongue hit. The body lacing was excellent and overall it was a pretty solid beer. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.






Information Ska Brewing

ABV: 5.5%
ISU's: 46
SRM: 36

Pairings: Great with steak. Also good with Mexican and Cajun foods that are often full of their own roasty flavors. Oysters are also ideal. Can stand up to stronger cheeses such as sharp cheddar and blue.

Nutritional information from myfitnesspal.com


Ska Brewing - Ten Pin Porter

  1.   
Calories165Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs0 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein0 g
Cholesterol0 mg  
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment