Thursday, August 29, 2013

Beck's Oktoberfest Lager

I went golfing for the first time in a couple months at White Birch Golf Course in Barnesville, PA. I've golfed there before and typically enjoy it. Its an easy course but still a lot of fun. Today, however, was not as great as usual. It was really crowded to my surprise and the greens were just aerated. So to salvage my day off I figured I would have a Beck's Oktoberfest Lager and write about it. Beck's is owned by Anheuser-Busch so it is not easy to find much information put out by the company but I will put as much information as I can find in the review.
I had this beer in a pint glass and my first taste was at 56.7 degrees. I enjoyed this beer with a turkey sandwich with honey mustard on wheat. The head was large at about 1 1/2". The head was foamy with a light brown appearance and it dissipated quickly. The lacing for both head and body were good. The carbonation was little with a normal clarity and an amber body color. The taste was burnt with a floral aroma. It had a slight bitterness at start a smooth middle and then the finish brought back some of the bitterness. The flavor was light with an average finish length and a dry mouth feel with a back tongue hit. Overall it was an enjoyable beer that differed from the other Oktoberfest that I have recently sampled. The other two had more of a sweetness to them and this one had more bitterness. Overall I would rank this one in the middle of all the Oktoberfest that I have had. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.

Pairings (from 2008 Anheuser-Busch press release): Beck’s Oktoberfest perfectly complements traditional German foods such as sausage and bratwurst, or other fall favorites such as stews or hearty chili. It can also be used for marinades or sauces, and to add extra flavor to stews. Beck’s Oktoberfest also works wonderfully as part of fall-themed recipes such as German Stuffed Pork Roast with Beer Mustard Sauce, Colorful Fall Harvest Stew, and Gorgonzola Mustard and Brushing Sauce.

ABV: 5%
Cost: $10.99 (Weis, Pottsville Mix six pack)
Serve Temp: 45-50 degrees
Glassware: Pint Glass

Nutritional Information from myfitnesspal.com

Beck's - Oktoberfest Beer

  1.   
Calories155Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs9 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein2 g
Cholesterol0 mg  
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.







No comments:

Post a Comment