Friday, September 20, 2013

9/19/13 Susquehanna Brewing Company Oktoberfest

For my review this week I decided to go with Susquehanaa Brewing Company's Oktoberfest. It been somewhat crazy week since my last review. I got to go golfing with my Dad and brother which was a lot of fun. I played trivia up at Dorko's in Mount Carmel which was a great time (I won the 50/50) but we didn't win trivia. I also had the best wings ever. They were the cooks special recipe called garbage sauce.  My friend had already tried Susquehanna Brewing Companies Oktoberfest and he said it was his favorite Oktoberfest of the season so I was really excited to try it. However, as usual I was a little disappointed. It wasn't a bad Oktoberfest it was just a little boozy for my taste. He said he didn't notice any of that when he had his so its hard to tell if it was just one that was off or not. I had mine at a temperature of 49.3 degrees in a pint glass. It had a nice pour with a small 1/2" head that had a foamy light brown appearance. The head dissipated quickly and offered virtually no head lacing. The carbonation was soft with a normal clarity and an orange body color. The aroma was a mixture of barley, grain and citrus with an alcohol taste. The flavor was light with an average finish length and a watery mouth feel. The tongue hit was towards the back with fair body lacing. Overall I would rank this Oktoberfest towards the middle of my list because it was different from the norm and I might have just had an off bottle. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.
Cost: $10.99
ABV: 6.2%
IBU: 18
Glassware: Pint glass
Serve Temp: 45-50 degrees
Pairing: German food




Information from Susquehanna Brewing Company
Features all Two Row Barley malt and Crystal Malts for a deep amber color and slightly toasted flavor.  Initial rich malty aroma and sweetness with a moderately dry finish. Hop bitterness is also moderate using Bavarian grown Hallertau Tradition and Hallertau Perle hops, along with Czech Saaz hops.

No comments:

Post a Comment