Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Grey Stone in Pottsville and the worst fantasy draft ever

I went to the Grey Stone last night and had a blast. The beer was good and had some great conversations. One of our conversation was fantasy football because most of the people I was there with were in leagues. Today I had one of my drafts. Actually I am still drafting now. After an hour we are still barely into the second round and that's with almost nobody drafting. We did an offline draft on Facebook and it moved like a snail and was impossible to keep track of anything. My other draft took around an hour and a half and moved very smoothly. My suggestion for fantasy football is to always draft online and plan things ahead on time. When you wait until the last minute things suck and people complain. Back to the Grey Stone. This is probably Pottsville's most upscale bar and restaurant. They always have a really diverse group of bottled beer that at least a couple of the beers I haven't ever had. The building is almost all stone and they have different pieces of art up for sale in the upstairs bar. This is where I like to hang out. Its a nice comfortable area with about a 10 seat bar. They have two beers on tap. I had five different bottles. First I had Point Nude Beach Wheat which was a nice easy going down beer and a great way to start off the night. Next up was Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate Stout. This one was the first chocolate stout I had that had a super strong chocolate taste. I mean it tasted like Hershey's syrup. Next up was Superfuzz Blood Orange Pale which was really good. Next I had Kutztown Lagerbier which was very good. This and Blood Orange were my favorites. Lastly I had Carlsberg. This was my least favorite. All in all a great night out and 5 more beers off my list. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.




No comments:

Post a Comment