Friday, August 1, 2014

My hall from The Barley Mow and Citra Pale Ale Free Will Brewing Company

On Tuesday I had to make a trip to Wyomissing to take the kids to the dentist. While I was down there I visited my sister. While we were out she suggested going to check out a craft beer store and of course I said yes. We went to The Barley Mow and I am so glad I did. They had a great selection and a really great decor. My only regret was not having more time there and not getting pictures to do a proper review. I am certain that I will stop by again and when I do I will definitely write a fantastic review of this place. Also this week I made up to my favorite trivia place Dorko's in Mount Carmel. The trivia was great as usual and even though we put up a great fight we fell short but still had a great time and put up a great effort for only having three people on our team. Also nobody got the cash question right so the pot continues to grow. Out of the group of beers I got from Barley Mow I decided to try Citra Pale Ale from free will brewing company. It had an off white average head. The body was orange and has with no visible carbonation and an unfiltered look. The aroma was citrus and there was a medium bitterness. The head lacing was nice and the dissipation was average. The body lacing was nice with a back tongue hit and a long finish.  The flavor was medium an I enjoyed this beer and was glad to add a new Pennsylvania Brewery to my list of beers I tried.





Information from Free Will

Citra Pale(American Pale)

Crisp and refreshing with an elevated bitterness to support the toasted malt and Citra fruit notes.
ABV:5.7%
Availability:Year-Round
Additional Notes
Package: Bot/Keg

No comments:

Post a Comment