Monday, September 3, 2012

9/3/12 Founder's Dirty Bastard Scotch Style Ale

So the last week or so has been super busy. My kids went back to school and I decided to finally brew my first beer. I had a Mr. Beer kit sitting around since Christmas and decided to make the Blonde Ale. It was very easy and didn't take long now its just the wait until in ferments and then I have to condition it. So in the mean time I just have to drink all the great beers that are coming out for the season. I still have a couple of summer beers and some spring beers lying around so I figured I try to knock them off while inter mingling some fall beers. The other night I had Founders Dirty Bastard Scotch Style Ale paired with some green beans, rice and apple wood smoked salmon. They paired nicely together. I had this ale in a Guinness pint glass and it had a temperature of about 51.4 degrees with a small 1/4" head and a fizzy off white appearance. The head dissipated quickly and it had little to no carbonation and a flat clarity with a ruby color. It had a taste that reminded me of a very mild scotch and it seemed really similar to Saranac's Single Malt. The flavor was moderate with a long finish and a back tongue hit. There was virtually no body lacing. Overall it was a good beer but not as good as I expected. I was expecting something better than Saranac but still not a bad beer. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.





Information from Founder's

 
So good it’s almost wrong. Dark ruby in color and brewed with seven varieties of imported malts. Complex in finish, with hints of smoke and peat, paired with a malty richness and a right hook of hop power to give it the bad attitude that a beer named Dirty Bastard has to live up to. Ain’t for the wee lads.
  • ABV: 8.5%
  • IBUs: 50
  • Availability: Year-round
  • 2010 - WBC Silver Medal Winner
Information from myfitnesspal.com

Founder's Brewing Co. - Dirty Bastard - Scotch Style Ale

  1.   
Calories255Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs0 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein0 g
Cholesterol0 mg  
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

4 comments:

  1. Where can I find some of this in Schuylkill county?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't found it in Schuylkill County. I got this from a friend who went to North Carolina. I did find some for sale as singles at The Fridge in Lancaster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting... Which is your favorite distributor for micro/craft brews in the schuylkill county area?

      Delete
  3. I usually go to Brewer's Outlet in Pottsville on Rt. 61 out of all the distributors around here found that they have the best selection and prices.

    ReplyDelete