Sunday, July 27, 2014

Lake Placid Camp Collection Variety Pack

Wednesday before work I stopped by one of my favorite places (Brewer's Outlet in Pottsville) to by beer because my wife wanted something we could drink together. I decided to pick up a variety pack by Lake Placid. Then I got to thinking that my beer of the month club didn't pick the case we were going to try. So I told them I got this one and we decided to split it. This case works out perfect it has 3 different beer which divides up nicely between the four of us and still leaves me with two of each so both me and my wife can try a full beer each. I decided that I will do another little plaque for this brewery because I really like there logo and I think it would make a nice addition to my collection plus its not to hard to do. 

The first beer of this collection I decided to have was Ubu Ale. The head is very small with a light brown color and a fizzy appearance. The is dissipating quickly. The aroma is very malty and the initial temperature is 52.9 degrees Fahrenheit. The body color is dark and has a ruby tinge to the brown color with lively carbonation. The mouth feel is dry and there is a caramel taste with a nice bite. The finish is average and it had a nice pour. The flavor is moderate and there is virtually no head or body lacing.  This beer is classified as an English Ale and reminds me of a good stout. I enjoyed this beer and think this is a great beer for the fall and winter seasons.

Served in Pint Glass




My second beer from this variety pack is the Indian Pale Ale. One of my fellow beer of the month club members had this beer already. She said she enjoyed it but thought it had a lot of carbonation and it reminded her of a soda. When I had the beer it had a light brown to off white average sized head that is fizzy and held for a decent amount of time. The aroma was fruity but for me it had a light bitterness and a very subtle carbonation. The body color was amber and clear. The tongue hit is toward the middle and the mouth feel is dry. The finish is average to long in length. The pour was nice and the lacing was fair to good.  The taste was a slight citrus. Overall I thought it had less carbonation then Ubu and a lighter flavor. I thought it was a weaker IPA but I tend to favor that in my IPAs. The flavor was good and easy to drink and I would consider it a good go to beer year round and especially summer and spring.

Served in a Pint Glass




The last beer I am having out of the Camp Collection is Barkeater Amber. The head was small to average with a light brown fizzy appearance and it dissipated quickly. The initial temperature at first sip was 55.6 degrees Fahrenheit. The body was clear with a red color and little to no visible carbonation. The taste was and aroma had a sweetness to it that reminded me of a sweet bourbon but not with a boozy taste. The finish was short with a watery taste that has a tongue hit that moves from middle to back. There was no visible head or body lacing. Overall this would be my favorite out of the collection. It had nice flavor, no noticeable bitterness and a definite drink ability. As for the Camp Collection as a whole I thought it was a good case at a reasonable price. The beers were good and it was a good mix that really worked for me and gave me three different beers that allow you to experience three vastly different styles. If you haven't tried anything from Lake Placid you can't go wrong with this one. Thanks for ready and as always drink responsibly.

Served in a Pint Glass







Purchased from Brewer's Outlet in Pottsville for $36.03 after tax

Information from  Lake Placid Brewery

Lake Placid Craft Brewing

Lake Placid Pub and Brewery
As the Lake Placid Pub & Brewery grew in popularity, the demand for the beers we produced increased exponentially. In November of 2001, the LPP&B expanded to a second brewing facility in Plattsburgh NY. Located on Military Turnpike and known as The Lake Placid Craft Brewing Company the new facility quadrupled our brewing capacity and allowed us to bottle our beers for the first time. The 13,000 sq. ft. facility was located just 50 miles northeast of Lake Placid and had a 15-barrel brewery and bottling system as well as a tasting area and gift shop. Even after the brewery installed three new 60bl fermentation tanks in 2009, we were still unable to brew enough beer to satisfy demand. In January of 2010 we closed this brewery and are now brewing all bottled beer at FX Matt Brewing in Utica, NY. This partnership has allowed us to expand both our product line and the areas where our beer is available. 
Our beer is currently available in all of New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut, Vermont, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Check out the "Find our Beers"page to see where we are available in your area. If you don't see your favorite place on the list, drop us a note and we pass it along to our local sales representative. 
Please look for Ubu Ale, Lake Placid I.P.A., Wolf Jaw Wit, and our Camp Collection 12-pack in your grocery store, restaurant, or favortie pub.
                                                             
Camp Collection 12 Pack
4 each of Ubu Ale, Lake Placid I.P.A., and Barkeater Amber Ale


UBU ALE
7.0% ABV   38 IBU   43 SRM
Our famous English-style Strong Ale is deep garnet red in color, and features dark fruit and roasted malt flavors, with a slightly bitter finish.

LAKE PLACID I.P.A.
6.8% ABV   67 IBU   21 SRM
A tribute to the original West Coast-style IPA’s, our IPA is aggressively hopped for a citrus and piney flavor and aroma, but maintains a subtle, bready malt backbone.


BARKEATER AMBER ALE
5.3% ABV
This is an American-style amber ale that has been around for many years, in fact it was one of our first brews ever. It is one of two amber ales that we regularly brew at the pub, this being the drier hoppier of the two. Barkeater Amber is brewed with a variety of crystal malts which gives its red color and slightly sweet malt flavor. It has four hop additions, with the last addition being a relatively large addition of Willamette hops.  This beer has a fairly dry finish and has been a local favorite since 1996.

Calories in Lake Placid Ubu Ale (Ratebeer)

Nutrition Facts

Lake Placid - Ubu Ale (Ratebeer)

  1.   
Calories210Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs0 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein0 g
Cholesterol0 mg
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment