Thursday, July 24, 2014

Starr Hill The Love 7/24/14

Currently I decided to work on  a couple of reviews at once but now I am trying to put more time into them. I try and do some research ahead of time and for some it will involve days of drinking and prep to develop a review I am happy with and tha has enough information but not too much to get disgusted with. I had a bottle of Starr Hill The Love in the fridge since Monday and it was calling my name so I figured it would be good to review tonight. The initial temperature upon drinking was 53.5 degrees Fahrenheit. There was no carbonation and no head lacing. The head was large, dissipated quickly, was fizzy and  white in color. The mouth feel was watery and the body was golden and hazy and produced no lacing. The aroma was perfume and it had hints of clove but not overpowering. I didn't taste a strong banana taste like I did in Yuengling's Summer Wheat. This has a much lighter flavor that I prefer. The finish is average and the tongue hit was towards the front. Out of all the hefeweizens I tried this was definitely one of the better ones. Wheat beers aren't for everyone but they are one of my favorite style. I feel they are more crisp and clean than IPAs but have better flavor and a touch of sweetness compared to lagers and pilsners. I would strongly recommend this beer as a good base line beer for this style of beer. As always thanks for reading and please drink responsibly.


Purchased in mix six pack for $10.99 from Weis markets Pottsville
Proper glassware: Weizen glass






Information from Starr Hill website

The Love

German Hefeweizen

The Love is an unfiltered wheat beer, also known as a hefeweizen. It is distinguished by its extremely light body and fruity aroma, finished with spicy notes.

Ingredients

Malted Barley:Two Row, Wheat, Munich
Kettle Hops:Hallertau
Yeast:Bavarian Wheat Beer Yeast

Characteristics

Flavor:Subtle sweetness & spice
Color:Straw Gold
Style:German Hefeweizen
IBUs:9
ABV:4.6%

Other Info

Availability:All Year
Draught:1/2 Barrel, 1/6 Barrel
Package:4/6 LNNR

Awards


2008 Silver Medal
Great American Beer Festival
Information from myfitnesspal.com

Nutrition Facts

Starr Hill - the Love Wheat Beer

  1.   
Calories138Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs12 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein0 g
Cholesterol0 mg
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment