About Me

My photo

Former editor in chief of an award winning publication, avid outdoorsman, love hiking, kayaking, fishing, biking, visiting state parks, published writer, avid drinker, certified bartender, beer rater and I ran a bar tending school, and blogger writing under title of the Man Can Critic 

Saturday, February 18, 2012

2/18/12 Sudwrek Hefe Weizen Wheat Beer

So I'm trying to get back into reviewing more often again and getting rid of all my older stock of beer. So last night I chose Sudwerk Hefe Weizen Wheat Beer. The temperature was 41.9 degrees on this unfiltered wheat beer. It had a large 2 1/2" head for the pint glass I chose to drink it in. The head appearance was foamy and off white with excellent lacing. The head dissipated closer to quickly than slowly I would say at a moderate rate. The carbonation was lively with sparkling clarity and a straw color. The aroma and taste were a mixture of wheat raisin and dark cherry. The flavor was light with an average finish length and a creamy mouth feel. The tongue hit was towards the back with excellent body lacing. Overall I would say that it was a pretty decent beer that I would drink again however it wasn't anything that knocked my socks off so I gave it a B+. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.







Information from Sudwerk page


Hefe Weizen

Hefe Weizen
The Sudwerk Hefeweizen is a truly authentic, unfiltered Bavarian style wheat beer.
The unique top fermenting (Ale) yeast remains in the beer producing a distinctive aroma and flavor profile. Hefeweizen has been the top-seller so far this year, in part because it is a favorite during the summer-time months.


Style of Beer: Hefeweizen Ale
Taste: slightly fruity, dry, spicy, refreshing
Available in: 1/2 barrel kegs, 5 gallon keg, 6 packs
Awards: California Brewer’s Guild Commercial Craft Brew Competition: Bronze 2001, Bronze 2003, Bronze 2004, Gold 2005, Bronze 2006, Gold 2007, Silver 2008, Bronze 2009, Silver 2010, Silver 2011

 California Brewers Festival
 Gold 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment