Saturday, February 18, 2012

2/18/12 Sudwrek Hefe Weizen Wheat Beer

So I'm trying to get back into reviewing more often again and getting rid of all my older stock of beer. So last night I chose Sudwerk Hefe Weizen Wheat Beer. The temperature was 41.9 degrees on this unfiltered wheat beer. It had a large 2 1/2" head for the pint glass I chose to drink it in. The head appearance was foamy and off white with excellent lacing. The head dissipated closer to quickly than slowly I would say at a moderate rate. The carbonation was lively with sparkling clarity and a straw color. The aroma and taste were a mixture of wheat raisin and dark cherry. The flavor was light with an average finish length and a creamy mouth feel. The tongue hit was towards the back with excellent body lacing. Overall I would say that it was a pretty decent beer that I would drink again however it wasn't anything that knocked my socks off so I gave it a B+. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.







Information from Sudwerk page


Hefe Weizen

Hefe Weizen
The Sudwerk Hefeweizen is a truly authentic, unfiltered Bavarian style wheat beer.
The unique top fermenting (Ale) yeast remains in the beer producing a distinctive aroma and flavor profile. Hefeweizen has been the top-seller so far this year, in part because it is a favorite during the summer-time months.


Style of Beer: Hefeweizen Ale
Taste: slightly fruity, dry, spicy, refreshing
Available in: 1/2 barrel kegs, 5 gallon keg, 6 packs
Awards: California Brewer’s Guild Commercial Craft Brew Competition: Bronze 2001, Bronze 2003, Bronze 2004, Gold 2005, Bronze 2006, Gold 2007, Silver 2008, Bronze 2009, Silver 2010, Silver 2011

 California Brewers Festival
 Gold 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment