Friday, February 24, 2012

2/23/12 Green's Dubble Dark Ale (Gluten Free)

So last night after another hard days work and looking forward to having today off I was thinking that I should have something different again. I was also eager to try out another beer recently received from a colleague at work. So I decided to hit up my first gluten free beer and something further exploring beers from Belgian brewers. So I ended up trying Green's Dubble Dark Ale. The beer cam in at a nice 44.2 degrees which was surprising because it tasted colder than that. It  had a large to huge head at 4" with a rocky dark brown appearance and excellent head lacing. The head dissipated slowly and the carbonation was lively with a murky clarity and brown body color. It had a perfume aroma and a red wine taste that took me a while to put my finger on which was surprising considering I had a glass of red wine within the last week. The flavor was light with an average finish length and a buttery mouth feel. The tongue hit was towards the middle with excellent body lacing and I mean the best body lacing I have ever seen on a beer. Overall I would rate it B+ to A- because it was something I had never had before and was very different but I am not a huge fan of red wine so it lost some points from me for that. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.

Nutritional information from bottle

Serving size 8.45oz
Servings per bottle 2
118 Calories
10mg sodium
6.27g Total Carbohydrates
1.25g Protein
Ingredients water, millet, buckwheat, rice sorghum, hops, yeast

Information from Green's website


The History of Endeavour Dubbel Ale

The dubbel style originated in Belgium, possibly as a "second style" offered for sale by monastic breweries. Green's Endeavour Dubbel is the world's first version of this style made with no barley.

Taste

In the classic dubbel fashion, a hint of dark-sugar and toffee flavor; and a traditional Belgian yeast bouquet.

Serving Suggestion

Makes a fine aperitif; also great with traditional Italian antipasto, soft cheeses, gluten-free baked goods and Belgian-style "pomme frites."

Product Sizes and Quantities

  • 16.9-ounce (500 ml) bottles / 12 per case

Stats

ABV: 7.0% - OG: 1.064 - IBU: 24




No comments:

Post a Comment