About Me

My photo

Former editor in chief of an award winning publication, avid outdoorsman, love hiking, kayaking, fishing, biking, visiting state parks, published writer, avid drinker, certified bartender, beer rater and I ran a bar tending school, and blogger writing under title of the Man Can Critic 

Friday, February 17, 2012

2/17/12 Heineken

So its been a while since my last post and it has also been a while since I drank this beer and filled out my form on it. So long that I can't remember to put the correct date on it. I have tons of beers to try in my fridge and some are getting close to 3 months old. So I apologize for my laziness. I have been feeling sick the last week or so and haven't made it to trivia in two weeks now. I hoping that writing this review will help get my re-energized and back into writing again. I was on luminosity yesterday and it said that writing a blog was a good brain stimulating activity so I figured I had to make it a point to write this one today. So a while ago I was eating some food I don't recall and wanted to knock another beer review off the shelf so I chose Heineken. The temperature was 40.5 degrees and the head was a large 3" with a frothy white appearance and excellent head lacing. The head dissipated slowly and the carbonation was lively. The aroma and taste were a mixture of lemon and barley. The flavor was light and the mouth feel was watery. The finish length was average with a middle tongue hit and good body lacing. Overall I gave it a B+ even though this particular one was no where near a B+ but ones I had in the past were much better. I don't know if it was sitting around to long or what. But you know it wasn't good when you can remember it being bad a week later. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.





Nutritional information provided by myfitnesspal.com


Heineken - Beer

  1.   
Calories150Sodium8 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs12 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein2 g
Cholesterol0 mg  
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment