Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2/27/12 Magic Hat +/-

So last night after doing some resistance training and finishing the book I have been reading I decided to reward myself with a Magic Hat +/- that I got from a colleague at work. The temperature of the beer was at a freezing 25.3 degrees. I believe I let it in the freezer a tad to long but I thought it was only around 30 minutes so I didn't think it was going to get that cold. I do wish I would have just left it in the fridge though. The head was huge at around 4" with a foamy appearance and a medium color. The head lacing was excellent and the head dissipated slowly. The carbonation was fizzy and it had a normal clarity with a copper color. The taste was that of burnt grain which sounds like it wasn't a good taste but it was really good although I don't know what was up with my nose but I couldn't really detect any aroma to the brew. The flavor was moderate with an average finish length and a watery mouth feel. The tongue hit was towards the middle and the body lacing was excellent. Overall this was an excellent beer and I gave it an A- only because of my issue with it coming to such a could temperature so quickly that I couldn't really experience the true flavor of the beer. Thanks for reading and as always please drink responsibly.





From the Magic Hat website


  • TYPE: Dark Mild
  • YEAST: English Ale
  • HOPS: Northern Brewer
  • MALTS: 2-Row Pale, Maris Otter Pale, Chocolate, Victory, Cara 45L, Special B
  • ABV: 4.2
  • GRAVITY: null Plato
  • BITTERNESS: 15
  • SRM: 24.0
  • AVAILABILITY: January 15 to March 31


As temperatures rise, the fever follows. A portable celebration of unbridled vernal joy, this thawing mixer serves to stir you from winter slumber. Listen as the Rockin' Robin sings spring into all things... Ca-Caw! Ca-Caw!

No comments:

Post a Comment