Wednesday, March 7, 2012

3/5/02 Dundee Kolsche Style Ale

So after my first review of Dundee I wasn't to impressed and was dreading drinking the other ones from the variety pack. Then as I have been cleaning out all of my leftover beers little by little I decided to have one and it wasn't half bad so I figured I would review the last one in the fridge. So on Monday I had a Dundee Kolsche Style Ale. The temperature was a little warmer at 43.4 degrees but still not bad. The head was average at 2" with a fizzy off white appearance and excellent head lacing. The head dissipated quickly and the carbonation started out lively and went to medium. The clarity was normal with a straw color. The aroma was perfume with a doughy barley taste. The flavor was light and the finish was short. The mouth feel was creamy with a middle tongue hit and a fair body lacing. Overall I rate it a B and might have rated it a little better had it not been for personal reasons of disdain for the beer that don't relate at all to the brewer or the beer itself. As a critic I hate to allow outside factors to influence my reviews which is also why I was avoiding reviewing this beer because I know that I would be harder on it than I feel I should be. So don't let my review be the end all be all in your decision to try it. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly. By the way I finally found the charger for my camera and I can now take pics with that instead of my I phone.





Fitness tip of the day: The American Heart Association recommends 150 minutes of moderate exercise a week or 75 minutes of vigorous exercise a week.
For more info check out this web site http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/GettingHealthy/PhysicalActivity/StartWalking/American-Heart-Association-Guidelines_UCM_307976_Article.jsp#.T1fnq_Egerk

A good recipe for black bean salsa that should go well with this beer

2 diced vine ripened  tomatoes
1 diced red onion
juice from 2 limes
32 oz of black beans
1 cup of corn
1 habanero diced finely
1/2 cup cilantro
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup red vine vinegar

mix all ingredients together in bowl and place in fridge for half an hour

No comments:

Post a Comment