Sunday, March 4, 2012

3/3/12 Stoudt's Pils

So I was thinking last night that I should make this blog a little more interesting and still relate it to my typical beer reviews. So I am going to go back to trying and putting a recipe in here and there to go along with the beer I chose to review and I am also going to try and throw in some health tips here and there because I thinking drinking in moderation is healthy and promotes a lot of good things when not done to excess. So last night I had Stoudt's Pils which came in at a nice temp of 41.4 degrees which I think is my favorite temperature to drink beer at. Its not to cold to hide the flavor but not so warm that I find it not enjoyable. The head was average at 2 1/2" with a foamy white appearance and excellent head lacing. The carbonation was medium with sparkling clarity and a yellow color. The aroma was perfume and taste was an earthy barely. The flavor was moderate with a long finish length and a dry mouth feel. The tongue hit was towards the back and the body lacing was excellent. Overall I give it a B+ it was a solid beer with a great taste just nothing that made me love it. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.





Health tip of the day
drink 64oz. of water daily
for some great benefits of doing this check out http://www.highvibrations.org/archive3/water.htm

Recipe of the day that goes well with Stoudt's Pils

1 red onion diced
3 large cloves garlic diced
1 plum tomato diced
1 orange pepper diced
8 oz sliced baby portobella mushrooms
1 carrot peeled (just peel a carrot til there is nothing left or close to it)
1 cup kale shredded
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 tsp nutritional yeast
16 oz black beans
1 bag boil in bag brown rice
2 tbsp extra virgin olive
1/2 cup cooked corn

Cook rice and beans per package instructions. Over medium heat put in oil, onion and garlic and cook 1-2 minutes. Put in pepper, carrot, and mushrooms and cook 3-4 minutes. Put in kale nd tomatoe cook 2 minutes. Put in beans, corn, cayenne and rice and mix everything up really well as cooking for 1 minute. Take off heat and add nutritional yeast and mix up and then serve.


Information from Stoudt's web page

No comments:

Post a Comment