Saturday, March 10, 2012

3/9/12 Saranac Pale Ale

So yesterday as I started to dwindle down on the of beers in my fridge I decided to venture down into my basement and fetch five of the beers I had yet to try. I wanted something I thought would go well with some of the salsa I had left from the last recipe. So I decided upon the Saranac Pale Ale. The temperature was a nice 43.7 degrees which allowed its flavor to really shine through. The head was huge at 4' with a frothy off white appearance and excellent head lacing. The head dissipated slowly with medium carbonation and a normal clarity. The color was copper with a citrus aroma and a roasted smokey taste. The flavor was moderate with a long finish and a dry mouth feel. The tongue hit was towards the back and excellent head lacing. Overall I would rate it an A-. It was a really solid beer with an excellent flavor and it went well with the salsa. I would have to say it was one of the better Saranac beers that I have had. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.





Today my fitness tip is just a link to a really great workout I found on you tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkD9LwDBWW0

My recipe of the day is pretty easy and uses any leftover salsa you have
1/2 baby spinach
1 wrap
bag brown rice cooked to package instructions
left over salsa

Mix brown rice and salsa together. Take wrap and put some spinach on it and then add salsa and rice mixture on it. If you want some added flavor add some kraft vidalia onion dressing then  wrap it up and eat.

Info from Saranac


Pale Ale

Availability: 6 Packs, 12 Packs, Draught, Trail Mix, What Ales You?

Brewers Notes:

Saranac Pale Ale is a classic English-style pale ale brewed with six specialty malts and perfectly hopped with hand-selected English Kent Goldings & Fuggles hops.  Look for a rich, fruity hop bouquet, a copper amber color and a smooth full-flavored taste with a crisp finish that only comes from a genuine top fermented ale.  Enjoy!
Beer Style: Pale Ale
Malt Selections: Crystal English Pale Ale
Hop Selections: Cascade, East Kent Golding, Fuggles
Color: Amber
Mouthfeel / Body: Medium
Food Companions: Lamb, beef, stews, cheeses
Alcohol By Volume: 5.5%
Original Gravity: 13.50

Light Beer

Information from myfitnesspal.com

Saranac Pale Ale - Beer

  1.   
Calories180Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs13 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein0 g
Cholesterol0 mg  
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment