Wednesday, March 14, 2012

3/13/12 Woodchuck Cider Crisp (Gluten Free)

I want to start out by saying that I feel like crap. With all my healthy eating and exercise my allergies have brought on a sinus infection that is doing a number on me and whats worse is I just restocked and have a good group of beers to try. I was over at Brewer's Outlet in Pottsville yesterday and picked up some hard ciders to sample along with a variety pack from Lancaster Brewing Company. This is an example of a gluten free beer that I never realized was gluten free until I read the label. I was up at Dorko's on Monday for team trivia after a short sabbatical and we dominated having the lead for the entire game which is also good because I have now finished off every beer that they carry. Because we won they will be bringing in some Lord Chesterfield from Yuengling which I haven't reviewed yet and haven't had in a while. Last night because I wasn't feeling at my peak I decided to go with a beer with a lighter flavor and a lower ABV in the hopes that my sickness would not get any worse. I also hadn't had a Woodchuck since my late college years and the period shortly after when I was on my hard cider kick. So last night I had a Woodchuck Hard Cider Crisp. The temperature was good at 42.3 degrees and it had a small head at 1" with a fizzy off white appearance. The head dissipated quickly and it had a soft carbonation. The clarity was sparkling with a straw color and an apple aroma and taste. The flavor was light with a short finish length and a dry mouth feel. The tongue hit was towards the back and the body lacing was fair. Overall I rated it a B+ it had a good easy to drink flavor that was crisp and didn't have a huge alcohol content so its good when your already not feeling up to par. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.





With being sick I don't have a recipe for the day so I do apologize hopefully tomorrow when I'm off I will be feeling better and I can experiment with a new dish.

As for my fitness tip for the day is that yoga is a great way to help you to feel great and energize you in the morning I have been doing it off and on for a year or more now and every time I stop for a while my mood changes and when I go back to I feel better. I recommend starting off easy. I do just a couple of poses a day tree, warrior, cobra, downward dog and a couple of other stretches. Check out youtube.com for some great simple workouts.

Information from myfitnesspal.com


Nutrition Facts

Woodchuck Hard Cider - Crisp - Woodchuck Hard Cider - Crisp

  1.   
Calories120Sodium5 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs10 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars9 g
Trans0 gProtein0 g
Cholesterol0 mg
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.


Information from woodchuck website


Crisp and refreshing because they're made from apples, never woodchucks.


left
right
  • Crisp
    A session cider that's cool, refreshing and crafted to be delicate in body and perfected with a delicious crisp apple taste.
    Available In These Types

No comments:

Post a Comment