About Me

My photo

Former editor in chief of an award winning publication, avid outdoorsman, love hiking, kayaking, fishing, biking, visiting state parks, published writer, avid drinker, certified bartender, beer rater and I ran a bar tending school, and blogger writing under title of the Man Can Critic 

Monday, April 30, 2012

4/30/12 Otto's Double D

So a couple of days ago one of my colleagues brought me some beers from when he went to Otto's in State College, PA. So the other night when I was sitting down to eat my chipotle black bean burger I decided to have the Otto's Double D IPA. Now as everyone who reads my reviews regularly knows that I am not a huge fan of IPAs so take my ending comments with a grain of salt. The temperature was 40.5 degrees with a small head at 1 11/64" and a rocky off white head appearance. The head lacing was excellent and a head the dissipated quickly with soft carbonation. The clarity and color were sparkling and gold respectively. The taste and aroma were a mixture of citrus, floral and an earthy taste. The finish length was long with a dry mouth feel and back tongue hit. The body lacing was excellent and overall not bad for being an IPA but I still have not been converted to the IPA band wagon and think I will always be hard pressed to find one that makes me say that I want another one. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.







Information from Otto's website


Double D IPA

Otto's Double D IPA Label

Big Imperial . Packed with Centennial, Columbus, Palisade, and Cascade hops. Makes the tongue tingle and body warm and fuzzy inside.
ABV 9.2%  •  Available in 12 oz six packs, 22 oz , cases and kegs!




No comments:

Post a Comment