About Me

My photo

Former editor in chief of an award winning publication, avid outdoorsman, love hiking, kayaking, fishing, biking, visiting state parks, published writer, avid drinker, certified bartender, beer rater and I ran a bar tending school, and blogger writing under title of the Man Can Critic 

Friday, April 13, 2012

Twisted Tea Original Recipe and Trivia at Dorko's

I have been super lazy this week. This does not mean that I haven't been drinking just to lazy to write it down and I attribute a lot of that to being on vacation. So Monday I made my weekly visit to Dorko's Cafe in Mount Carmel and played trivia on the team of the RZA. Sadly the RZA barely lost coming in second because of a lacking knowledge of the first number one hits of the Beatles. This night  decided to try something that I can loosely call beer but I haven't had anything at Dorko's in a while that I haven't reviewed so I figured why not so I reviewed Twisted Tea Original Recipe. It came in at 36.5 degrees and had no head, and a white color to what could possibly called a head. There was no head lacing, no carbonation and a head that dissipated quickly. The clarity was flat with brown color and a taste and aroma of lemon flavored iced tea. The flavor was light and the finish short with a watery mouth feel. The tongue hit was towards the back with no body lacing. Overall it wasn't bad for what it is just not my particular cup of tea (for a beer) but still good for drinking when you go out to the bar to drink. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.






Information from Twisted Tea website

• Real iced tea made from a blend of
   select teas and real lemon

• 5% Alcohol By Volume
• Available in 6-pack bottles, 12-pack
   bottles,12-pack cans, 18-pack cans,
   16oz and 24oz cans, the Cardboard
   Keg (14 12oz servings)

Nutritional Information from myfitnesspal.com

Twisted Tea - Original

  1.   
Calories220Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs31 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars31 g
Trans0 gProtein0 g
Cholesterol0 mg  
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment