Friday, April 13, 2012

Twisted Tea Original Recipe and Trivia at Dorko's

I have been super lazy this week. This does not mean that I haven't been drinking just to lazy to write it down and I attribute a lot of that to being on vacation. So Monday I made my weekly visit to Dorko's Cafe in Mount Carmel and played trivia on the team of the RZA. Sadly the RZA barely lost coming in second because of a lacking knowledge of the first number one hits of the Beatles. This night  decided to try something that I can loosely call beer but I haven't had anything at Dorko's in a while that I haven't reviewed so I figured why not so I reviewed Twisted Tea Original Recipe. It came in at 36.5 degrees and had no head, and a white color to what could possibly called a head. There was no head lacing, no carbonation and a head that dissipated quickly. The clarity was flat with brown color and a taste and aroma of lemon flavored iced tea. The flavor was light and the finish short with a watery mouth feel. The tongue hit was towards the back with no body lacing. Overall it wasn't bad for what it is just not my particular cup of tea (for a beer) but still good for drinking when you go out to the bar to drink. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.






Information from Twisted Tea website

• Real iced tea made from a blend of
   select teas and real lemon

• 5% Alcohol By Volume
• Available in 6-pack bottles, 12-pack
   bottles,12-pack cans, 18-pack cans,
   16oz and 24oz cans, the Cardboard
   Keg (14 12oz servings)

Nutritional Information from myfitnesspal.com

Twisted Tea - Original

  1.   
Calories220Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs31 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars31 g
Trans0 gProtein0 g
Cholesterol0 mg  
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment