Monday, April 9, 2012

Victory Golden Monkey and the Greatest Parents Ever

Yesterday was Easter and sadly I had to spend much of it working. But even with working most of the day this ended up being one of the best Easters I have ever had and this is why. Easter is a holiday that never meant as much as it probably should to me compared to the rest of the holidays but this year it really got me thinking about family and the importance of really great parents. Last night as I was mulling over what beer I was going to drink I was thinking about the story I would write along with and decided that this was the story that I really had to get out. I got to spend a little more time this weekend than usual with my parents and it got me thinking how lucky I am to have them. Right now the two of them have tons of stuff going on in their lives even though they are retired. Both of them are probably busier now than they have been in their whole lives. Even though they are so busy they still find time to make each and every person in their lives feel special. What really did it for me this weekend was talking to my Mom about my beer blog. Even though I don't really get anything physical out of this blog and she doesn't probably totally understand why I do it she still supports it. Earlier this week she was at a distributor (my favorite one by the way, Brewer's Outlet in Pottsville) and she called me up for my opinion on what to buy. This was the first time she had done that so that made me feel good that she trusted my opinion so much. Then on Easter she gave me one of each of the three beers in the Victory variety pack to review. When I think of great and awesome parents I think of what my parents do for me. Even they might not always agree with what I do they always support me in the fullest and I hope that I can be as great as they are with my own kids and always support them like they do theirs. This is one of the big reasons I love doing this blog is that it helps to create really great memories of every beer I drink and I hope it helps others to try new things and create really great memories around them. Now after all that I figure I should write about Victory Golden Monkey. The temperature was a beautiful 42.7 degrees with an initial head that was probably close to 4" but when I got to remembering to measure it it was 2 56/64". The appearance of the head was foamy off-white with excellent lacing and a head that dissipated slowly. The beer had a soft carbonation with normal clarity and gold color. The aroma spelled like birch beer and the taste had hints of clove, and ginger. The flavor was light with a little bite and an average finish length. It warmed your throat like a fine cognac without the harshness of a strong alcohol. The mouth feel was dry with a back tongue hit and excellent lacing. Overall I liked it a lot and so did my sister and her fiance so I have to give it an A and also all the Victory beers will hold a special place in my heart with the memories I associate with them from Easter. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.






Information from Victory website



beer_gm 

GOLDEN MONKEY

Strong and sensual, this golden, Belgian-style ale glows. The richness of German malts and Belgian yeast are tempered by a sparkling approach and overall light body. Abundant herbal, fruity notes make Golden Monkey® one to savor.











COMPOSITION

Malts:2 row German malt
Hops:European whole flowers
Yeast:Imported, of Belgian origin
Alcohol
by volume:
9.5%

AVAILABILITY

Available year-round on draft and in bottles.

Nutritional facts from myfitnesspal.com

Victory Brewing Co - Golden Monkey

  1.   
Calories270Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs22 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein1 g
Cholesterol0 mg
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment