Saturday, June 16, 2012

6/16/12 2nd Beer of the Day - Ommegang BPA

My 2nd beer of the day Ommegang Belgian Pale Ale. I ended up trying a couple of new beers on Monday and the second one I chose was Omengang Belgian Pale Ale which I also received from a colleague at work. This was also a solid beer. It also was on the hazy side with a golden color and had a huge off white head that was around 4 inches. The head dissipated pretty slowly. The flavor was more moderate than the light flavor of Sweaty Betty. I have finished off all the different beers from this Ommegang variety pack and I would say the Three Philosophers was the best. But all of them were still really solid and I am really glad that he introduced me to this family of beers. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly. 




Information from Ommegang web site
ABV: 6.2%
Pale and hoppy with notes of citrus and tropical fruits.
Pair with seafood and salads and holds up to burgers and pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment