Sunday, June 10, 2012

Beer of the Day - Mojo IPA by Boulder Brewing Company

My beer of the day was Mojo IPA which is brewed by the Boulder Brewing Company. Before drinking anything I am trying to do my homework to enjoy it as the brewer intended. I went to there site and found some good information by nothing on proper glassware or temperature. Therefore I went with a glass that would traditionally house an American IPA. I chose a mug because I hadn't had beer out of mug in a while and it seemed appropriate. The temperature came in at an even 46 degrees with an average 1 1/2" head that had a frothy white appearance. The head lacing was excellent with a quick head dissipation and lively carbonation. The clarity was sparkling and the color was gold. The aroma was citrus and it had an earthy taste. The flavor was heavy with an average finish and a dry mouth feel. The tongue hit was towards the front with excellent body lacing. Overall I would say it was a real solid IPA and the more and more IPA's I have the more I am growing to enjoy them. I found that at warmer temperatures they don't have the harshness that they carry for me when they are super cold. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.





Brewer's Notes from Boulder Brewing Company

Grains: Pale Malt, Wheat Malt and 20l Caramel Malt
Hops: Amarillo and Centennial
ABV: 6.8%



No comments:

Post a Comment