Sunday, June 3, 2012

6/3/12 Beer of the Day - Lancaster Brewing Company Amish Four Grain Pale Ale

The beer of the day was Lancaster Brewing Company Amish Four Grain Pale Ale. I wanted to start refining my beer drinking skills and knowledge so I have been reading more and learning more about this concoction we call beer. I never knew the importance of glass and temperature but after reading different articles I decided that I should start trying to pay more attention and do more research before I try a beer. So before I had this beer I researched proper glassware for American Pale Ale. I had two choices either mug or pint. I chose pint because it holds more beer than my mug and I was in a pint kinda mood. As for temperature my quick research yielded very little so I decided just to have it at whatever it came out the fridge so I would say it was nicely chilled. I first sampled and spelled the aroma out of a small snifter before pouring into a pint to get a better feel for the aroma. The temperature was at 39.7 degrees with a small 1/2' head and a foamy off white appearance. The head lacing was fair and it dissipated quickly. The carbonation was lively with a hazy clarity and a copper color. The taste and aroma reminded me of the sweetness of butterscotch with a moderate flavor. The finish length was average with a watery mouth feel and a back tongue hit. There was virtually no body lacing and overall this was just a good to great beer that me and my wife thoroughly enjoyed. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.






Nutritional Information from myfitnesspal.com

Lancaster - Amish Four Grain Pale Ale

  1.   
Calories168Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs0 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein0 g
Cholesterol0 mg
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.


Information from Lancaster Brewing Company


Our multi-grain pale ale summons the sweetness of oats, the complexity of rye and the smoothness of malted wheat, balanced by a generous dry hopping of imported, nobel Saaz hops.
Malts: 2 Row Barley, Rye, Oats, Wheat, Munich 20
Hops: Willamette, Fuggles, Saaz
OG: 13

ABV:
 5.3%

IBU:28
Also On Tap at the Brewery!
Availabe Year Round in Cases,Kegs and Variety Packs.
Also On Tap at the Brewery!

No comments:

Post a Comment