Tuesday, October 4, 2011

10/4/11 The Old Milwaukee Pounder

Last night I made my weekly venture up to my favorite Monday night endeavor (Dorko's). Dorko's is one of the most tech savvy bars I know having both Facebook page and a web site. This Mount Carmel Tavern specializes in light fare, flavorful drinks and my favorite team sport, Trivia. This night the RZA was trying to capture the elusive three peat. However, it was not meant to be as a team filled with vegans lacks the knowledge of restaurant slogans to compete with their meat eating rivals. This however did not put a damper on the night because of the great company and the urging on of teammates this blog was created. This blog is a effort to hopefully get some free underwear from Hanes (who makes the best underwear by far and who everyone should be wearing). Also I would like to hopefully encourage others to venture outside of their comfort zones a stray away from their signature drink and sample the cornucopia of beers put out by their local watering whole. This week I decided to sample the flavor of Old Milwaukee and really take a close look at the beer itself. I paired it with a half dozen of kitchen sauce wings(the cooks signature flavor the changes slightly every so often). Old Milwaukee did have a pleasant aroma and good color. It did however have a slight bitterness in taste and didn't flow as nicely down the esophageal tract as the Busch from the previous week and had some ill effects on my digestive system. Overall I would rate the beer a C+ for taste and after effects. I thank you for reading and as always drink responsibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment