About Me

My photo

Former editor in chief of an award winning publication, avid outdoorsman, love hiking, kayaking, fishing, biking, visiting state parks, published writer, avid drinker, certified bartender, beer rater and I ran a bar tending school, and blogger writing under title of the Man Can Critic 

Saturday, October 29, 2011

10/28/11 Saranac Bohemian Pilsener

Last night after a long day of driving I decided to sit back I have my three slices of Domino's pizza and pair it with Saranac's Bohemian Pilsener. I had two slices of mushroom and a slice of pineapple. The beer paired very nicely with the pizza. I personally always like a lighter colored beer with pizza. This beer poured a huge head that dissipated to about a 1 1/2 inch to 2 inch off white frothy head and held very nicely with excellent head lacing. In my opinion I would say it has a somewhat wheat and floral aroma to it. The body had a sparkling clarity and a beautiful yellow color with a soft carbonation. There was a slight hint of bitterness but nothing to overpowering I would liken it to what I can remember of the taste of a Heineken. My mouth had a nice watery feel to it and I would say that it had hit my tongue more to the back to middle. After a long day this made my night and I would recommend trying this beer and I give it a rating of B+ for the light to moderate flavor in a light colored beer(that is a good thing in my opinion). That is two out of the six beers of winter reviewed. I haven't decided if I am going to do my next review tomorrow or on Monday because of going to a Halloween Party tonight. I am looking forward to my next beer and as always thanks for reading and please drink responsibly. Below is information I got from the Saranac website and the pictures I took.
Bohemian Pilsener

Brewers Notes:

Saranac Bohemian Pilsener is a medium bodied Pilsener crafted like the original Pilseners of Czechoslovakia.  Brewed with the finest Pilsener malt and Saaz hops, you will find this beer has a crisp, clean taste and leaves you wanting another.  Enjoy!

Beer Style: Bohemian Pilsener
Malt Selections: Pilsener
Hop Selections: Saaz
Color: Straw
Mouthfeel / Body: Medium
Food Companions: Fried or Broiled Seafood, Lamb, Beef
Alcohol By Volume: 4.8%
Original Gravity: 12

Light





I'm now starting to attribute the 37 degree temperature to my refrigerator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment