Tuesday, October 4, 2011

10/3/11 The prequel to this weeks Pounder of the week

This is my blog dedicated to my favorite serving size of my guilty pleasure. Each week I will detail the treats that I enjoy while partaking in my favorite past time, trivia. Last week I had the pleasure of sampling Dorko's famous kitchen sauce wings. They are basically hot wings with what ever the cook decides to cook them in so every night its a surprize but it is always delicious. The pounder that I decided to focus my efforts on the Busch pounder. A Pounder for all of you who don't know is another name for a 16 oz beer. The Busch pounder paired very nicely with the wings. It had a nice cooling effect and rolled effortlessly down my throat and into my anxiously awaiting belly. It had a smooth flavor, good color and a very pleasing taste. Overall I would rate it a B+ mainly for it being my first pounder of the week rating and I never start out with a perfect rating for fear that something better would come along. All in all the night was a huge success with delicious food, great beer and a win for the RZA (our trivia team name). I will be writing an update sooner after each visit to Dorko's hopefully sometime tomorrow. Thanks for reading and always drink responsibly.
Some additional facts I found on busch.com

BUSCH BEER FACTS

Introduced Busch: 1955
Beer Category/Styles: American-style lager
ABV: 4.6%
Calories: 122
Carbs: 7.5 grams
Protein: 0.7 grams
Malts: 2-row, 6-row, Munich Malts
Hops: U.S. grown Cascade, Glacier, Millennium and European Grown Tradition, Strisselspalt
Taste: A refreshingly smooth taste, pleasant hop aroma, and slightly sweet finish. "Cold As A Mountain Stream, Smooth As Its Name"
Ingredients/Brewing: Busch is brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor.
Interesting Facts: Since being introduced regionally in 1955, the Busch beer brand family has grown to become one of the top-selling value beer brand families. Busch Bavarian was the first beer brand Anheuser-Busch introduced following the repeal of Prohibition. Mainly introduced for consumers in the Midwest and Southeast, Busch dropped Bavarian from its name when it went national in 1979.
122 calories, 7.5g carbs, 0.7g protein and 0.0g fat, per 12 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment