Thursday, January 12, 2012

1/11/12 Harpoon Chocolate Stout

So I have traded so many beers with a decent number of people now and I got a 6 pack of Harpoon's Winter Variety Pack a couple of days ago from a colleague at work and a fellow beer fanatic.  So last night even though it was late and I was tired I felt the need to make sure I sat down and had one. So I've been having a good bit of chocolate beers and decided to have the Harpoon Chocolate Stout.  It came in at a nice temperature of 43.5 degrees with a large 2 1/2" head. The head was fizzy and dark in appearance with excellent head lacing. The head dissipated slowly with soft carbonation. The body clarity was dark and with a black color and chocolate aroma and taste. The flavor was light with an average finish length and a creamy mouth feel. The tongue hit was in the front with excellent head lacing. Overall I would rate this beer an A-. I haven't had a chocolate beer I haven't liked yet and it had a very cool pour that almost looked like it was a nitrogen beer and it was super dark and had the strongest chocolate taste I had ever had in a beer. So I thought oh this should be good with a banana. Bad, bad idea it did nothing for the taste of either and I think made the end a little bitter. Thanks for reading and as always please drink responsibly.





Information from Harpoon website


Chocolate Stout - Limited Edition

Print this page  |  
BEER SPECIFICATIONS
Style:Chocolate Stout
History:
brewed since 2008
(limited edition)
Orig. Gravity: 16 P
Color: 190 EBC
ABV:
5.9%
IBU’S: 40
PAIRING SUGGESTIONS

sweet desserts, fresh strawberries
ABOUT THE STYLE

A chocolate stout is a beer with a noticeable dark chocolate flavor. This flavor is created from the use of darker, more aromatic malt that has been roasted or kilned until it acquires a chocolate color.

BEER CHARACTER

Harpoon Chocolate Stout is brewed with an abundance of chocolate malt and a touch of chocolate.  
AVAILABILITY 

 
Available in Harpoon Wintry Mix Pack
(November - January)
 Harpoon Wintry Mix Pack

Other beers in package:

No comments:

Post a Comment