Saturday, January 7, 2012

1/6/12 Heineken Dark Lager

So I have still been drinking but I have not got to write as much. I have had 6 beers I haven't gotten to write about that I have had in the last week or so. Most were at parties so they were a little hard to review and the other one I had filled up a sheet for but misplaced it before I could type it out. I also have been working late making it hard to get on and type anything out. I did have all the beers out of the Heineken variety pack and I'm going to try and get reviews written for them as soon as possible. Last night I had the Heineken dark lager with some black bean chips and salsa. The temperature was a nice 38.9 degrees with a large 3 1/2" head with a medium brown foamy appearance. The head lacing was excellent and the head dissipated really slowly. There was no carbonation and a normal clarity with a ruby color. The aroma was wheat smell with a toasted coffee with a hint of honey taste. The flavor was moderate and the finish was short. The mouth feel was dry with a front tongue hit and good body lacing. Overall I would rate it an A- and probably my favorite out of the variety pack. It was something different and not what you would expect from Heineken. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.





Nutritional information from myfitnessplan.com

Heineken - Special Dark Beer

  1.   
Calories174Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs16 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber1 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars16 g
Trans0 gProtein1 g
Cholesterol0 mg  
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.


Information from beer advocate

rAvg: 3.3 
pDev: 16.67% 
High: 5
Low: 1.7
ABV: 5%

Pairings
Cuisine (Latin American, German) Meat (Beef, Smoked Meat, Grilled Meat)

No comments:

Post a Comment