Tuesday, January 3, 2012

1/2/12 Molson Canadian Biere Lager

So last night I was at my favorite Monday night hangout Dorkos Cafe in Mount Carmel(If you need directions just ask). So I started off my night trying to figure out what beer I was going to have. At this point I have now officially finished off all the pounders so I have been trying different drafts and bottles depending on the mood. I decided on a Molson Canadian Biere Lager and I managed to get the last black bean burger too. The RZA was short a couple of members and had only three members making it difficult to capture another title. We did do fairly good just missing being in the tie breaker by 2 points which I blame myself for messing it up thinking that nick started further into the 80's and one other one that I can't remember now but all in all it was a good night with good food and good company. I will say I felt hugely bloated at the end of the night which I attribute to all the drinking and eating I have done over the past couple of days. The temperature of the beer is 39.8 degrees.  The head was small at roughly 11/2" with a fizzy white appearance and excellent head lacing. The head dissipated quickly and the carbonation was lively. The color was straw and the clarity was sparkling. The taste and aroma was a grain smell with a light flavor. The finish length was short with a dry mouth feel. The tongue hit was towards the middle with good body lacing. Overall I would rate it as and A- and a good bar beer. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly. P.S. Anything made from Canada has to be good.






Pairing from beer advocate


Cuisine (Barbecue, Indian, Latin American, Thai, Pan Asian) Cheese (peppery; Monterey / Pepper Jack) Meat (Shellfish)

Information from myfitnessplan.com


Molson - Canadian

  1.   
Calories144Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs13 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein1 g
Cholesterol0 mg  
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.


Information from Molson website

Canadian bottle
5% ABV
Made From Canada
Around the world, Canada is seen as a shining example of nature at its best. We have thousands of freshwater lakes and barley fields as far as the eye can see. That's what makes us so proud to brew Molson Canadian, our signature beer. Brewed without preservatives, from St. Johns to Vancouver, over 3000 Canadians have a hand in bringing Molson Canadian to their family, their friends, and their communities. The people who live here truly deserve a beer brewed with the best this land has to offer. That’s why we make sure our award winning lager is as clean, crisp and fresh as the incredible country it comes from.
2006 Canadian Brewing Awards, Gold, North American Style Lager category; Six gold medals at the Monde Selection Beer Festival.

TASTING NOTES

An easy drinking premium lager with true Canadian taste that delivers the perfect balance of sweetness with a slightly hoppy bitterness and medium body for a smooth, refreshing finish. Made with the best this land has to offer: canadian water, prairie barley and no preservatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment