Saturday, January 21, 2012

1/20/12 Stoudts Scarlet Lady Ale

So yesterday I got another three beers from a trade and they were all from Stoudts out of Adamstown, PA. I was excited to try them because I like supporting PA breweries. I had also seen a comment about one last night on the Brewer's Outlet in Pottsville Facebook page so I thought I would try that one. So last night after finishing eating for the day I sat down with a Scarlet Lady Pale Ale. The temperature was super cold after being in the freezer  for 30 minutes it came in at 31 degrees even just south of freezing. The head was huge at 4" with a fizzy light brown appearance. It had excellent head lacing with a head that didn't dissipate and medium carbonation with a flat clarity and orange color. The aroma was grainy with a lemon taste and a moderate flavor. The finish was short with a watery mouth feel and a middle tongue hit. The body lacing was excellent and overall I would rate it an A-. It had a very clean crisp flavor that was easy to drink. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.




Information from Stoudts website



No comments:

Post a Comment