Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1/30/12 Corona Extra

So last night while at another rousing night of trivia at Dorko's Cafe in Mount Carmel I decided to do a double review. This will be the first of the two reviews I did on the night because of my lack of an ability to hear almost anything. I went up to the bar and asked about Magic Hat and I thought I was told it wouldn't be here until Mardi Gras but the bartender and owner was actually saying something different which I found out later in the night so that will be my second review of the night. So because of my lack of an ability to hear I started out with a Corona Extra. The night of trivia was fantastic with a good sized crowd and a very close game. All night we trailed by narrow margins and ended up losing by two which still put us in last place. Some of the questions we second guessed ourselves on and ended up going with the wrong answer but still it was great fun and a great atmosphere. I also ate my usual black bean burger and french fries. I did have my Corona out of the bottle so some items typically found in my review will be lacking because I did not pour it. The temperature was a nice 41.7 degrees and it had a taste and aroma that was a mix of citrus and lime with a sparkling yellow color. The flavor was light and the finish length average. The mouth feel was dry and the tongue hit was towards the back. I've always liked Corona as a good beach beer or good with Mexican foods. But I can also appreciate it as a decent bar beer so overall I give it an A-. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.




Nutritional information from myfitnesspal.com


Corona - Extra

  1.   
Calories148Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs13 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein1 g
Cholesterol0 mg
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.


Information from Corona website


The unmistakable color.
The one-of-a-kind taste.
The unparalleled flavor of relaxation.

All in one of the most recognizable bottles in the world.

There's something about drinking a Corona Extra that's different from drinking any other beer. Nothing else seems to set the same mood. Nothing else lets the conversation flow so easily between friends. Nothing else brings such a natural energy to an occasion.

And it's been that way since we started brewing it in 1925. 
From the beginning, Corona has been about connections - people coming together, strangers becoming friends, and old friends becoming even closer. Because Corona is more than just a beer. It represents a philosophy of living in the moment that has been embraced around the world.

We try not to complicate things. That's why we made Corona so easy to drink. It's why we use a clear, see-through bottle. Because when you use only the finest ingredients, you've got nothing to hide.

In the end, there are beers, and then there's Corona.
Others may try to copy it, or look like it, but there is only one original.

And for some moments, only a Corona will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment