Saturday, January 28, 2012

1/27/12 Peroni

So last night my sister had offered to watch my kids so we could head out to the Olive Garden. I wasn't anticipating reviewing any beers last night other than the Bock Beer by Yuengling that showed up at my door last night that I am super excited to try and will crack into tonight. So when we got there I was looking over the menu deciding what to drink and almost everything on it was something I've had before. Then I seen Peroni and I thought that I will probably not have the option of having that very often so I figured I'd give it a whirl. Now this is a somewhat abbreviated review because I did not have my forms on my so I couldn't do my thorough review that I normally do. If anyone who reads this knows of a beer reviewing app let me know on Facebook or in the comments section so this will not happen again. I am unsure of the temperature because of lack of any device to measure it with but if I had to guess I would say around 35.6 degrees. The head was small at about 1/2" with a fizzy white appearance. The carbonation was little to non existence and the head lacing was fair to nonexistent.  The head dissipated quickly and the color and clarity were sparkling and straw respectively. What I can remember of the taste and aroma were a sparkling taste kind of like champagne with a fizzy taste that I can't explain because of the lack of carbonation. It was almost like it danced on your tongue. The flavor was light and the finish was short. The tongue hit I can't recall to exact but I would probably say it was the middle. The mouth feel was watery and the lacing was fair to nonexistent.  Overall I would give this beer an A. It was my first Italian beer and it had a great flavor was something different and made me get a second beer something I usually never do if I am reviewing. I had it with the shrimp mezzaluna, salad and bread sticks and it paired excellently with all three. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.






Nutritional information from myfitnesspal.com

Peroni - Beer

  1.   
Calories150Sodium4 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs11 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein1 g
Cholesterol0 mg
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment