Tuesday, December 13, 2011

12/12/11 Troegs Mad Elf

So it was around 8:00PM on a Monday night so I was at the local I am at on most Monday nights, Dorko's Cafe in beautiful Mount Carmel. I walked in belly full from downing about half a quart of spicy vegetable soup and what did my eyes perceive but the fact that Dorko's had Troegs Mad Elf on tap. So knowing the chance of me getting a Mad Elf bottle this year were getting slim I had to deviate from my normal pounder and sample one. So as the bartender was pouring this delicious libation the keg kicked and in my head I was screaming no, no, no, why me, what did I do to deserve this. But after a minute or two the keg was back up and working and I received my beer. I sat down and took my pictures waiting for my first sip. I checked the temperature a nice 39.4 degrees. The head was average at 2 1/2 inches with a fizzy appearance and medium color. The head lacing was good and the head dissipated slowly. The carbonation was lively with normal clarity and a red body color. The aroma and taste were heavy on the honey and light on the cinnamon. The flavor was light and the finish was average. The mouth feel was creamy with a middle tongue hit and good body lacing. Overall I would rate it an A- for all the alcohol in it and not having any indication of it and for the different taste that brought out thoughts of the season. As for trivia the RZA almost pulled off a victory again coming in second to Tanney and his team on his birthday. I'm going with we let him win as a birthday present. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.




Nutritional Information from myfitnessplan.com

Troeg's - Mad Elf

  1.   
Calories25Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs7 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein0 g
Cholesterol0 mg  
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Information from Troegs website


Tröegs Mad Elf Ale

Alcohol by Volume: 11%
Hop Bitterness (IBU's): 15
Color: Ruby Red
Availability: Seasonal
Malts: Pilsner, Munich, Chocolate
Hops: Saaz, Hallertau
Yeast: Belgian Spicy Yeast
JuJu: Pennsylvania Honey
JuJu : Sweet and Sour Cherries

Seasonal Release (Mid October - December)

The Mad Elf, a cheerful creation to warm your heart and enlighten your tongue. The combination of Cherries, Honey, and Chocolate Malts delivers gentle fruits and subtle spices. Fermented and aged with a unique yeast, this ruby red beer has significant warming strength that underlies the pleasant character of this intriguing yet delicious Ale. The Mad Elf, a jolly and delicious beer for the Holidays.

FOOD COMPLIMENTS

Serving Suggestions:
Temp:  50-55 ° F  Glassware:  Chalice or Tulip Shaped

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting valuable information . To find address of charming restaurants in the gites dordogne visit here : http://www.gitesdordogne.nl

    ReplyDelete