Sunday, December 4, 2011

12/3/11 Flying Dog Dogtoberfest

I know October is long gone but I had the beer in the fridge and it was one of the last two that I hadn't reviewed yet so I figured last night was good as any. It was also a lazy night where we got Chinese food for a second night in a row. So it was veggie lo mien and Flying Dog Dogtoberfest (which was available at Brewer's Outlet in Pottsville) for me last night. The beer was nice and cold after a long chill in the freezer and it came in at 35.4 degrees. The head was small at 1 1/2" with an off white foamy appearance and excellent head lacing. The head dissipated slowly and it had a soft carbonation. The Body clarity was normal and the color was amber. It had a floral aroma and a toffee taste to it. The flavor was light and it had am average finish length. My mouth had a watery feel to it and the tongue hit was towards the back. The body lacing was excellent and I will say I was very impressed. Before this beer I had not ever had an Octoberfest so I didn't know what to expect and my last Flying Dog didn't really do much for me but this beer was really excellent. It had a great flavor and no bitterness it wasn't super smooth but it just had something about it that made it special. Overall I give it an A because it was such a huge surprise to me how good this beer was. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.





Information from Flying Dog Website

ABV: 5.6%
Hop Bitterness: 30 IBU
Plato: 14
Hops: German Pale, Hallertau
Yeast: Proprietary Lager Strain
Pairs with: Mexican and Pepper Jack cheeses, sweet Asian sauces, spiced deserts, German foods

Information from myfitnessplan.com


Flying Dog Brewing Company - Dogtoberfest

  1.   
Calories146Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs11 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein0 g
Cholesterol0 mg  
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment