About Me

My photo

Former editor in chief of an award winning publication, avid outdoorsman, love hiking, kayaking, fishing, biking, visiting state parks, published writer, avid drinker, certified bartender, beer rater and I ran a bar tending school, and blogger writing under title of the Man Can Critic 

Sunday, December 4, 2011

12/3/11 Flying Dog Dogtoberfest

I know October is long gone but I had the beer in the fridge and it was one of the last two that I hadn't reviewed yet so I figured last night was good as any. It was also a lazy night where we got Chinese food for a second night in a row. So it was veggie lo mien and Flying Dog Dogtoberfest (which was available at Brewer's Outlet in Pottsville) for me last night. The beer was nice and cold after a long chill in the freezer and it came in at 35.4 degrees. The head was small at 1 1/2" with an off white foamy appearance and excellent head lacing. The head dissipated slowly and it had a soft carbonation. The Body clarity was normal and the color was amber. It had a floral aroma and a toffee taste to it. The flavor was light and it had am average finish length. My mouth had a watery feel to it and the tongue hit was towards the back. The body lacing was excellent and I will say I was very impressed. Before this beer I had not ever had an Octoberfest so I didn't know what to expect and my last Flying Dog didn't really do much for me but this beer was really excellent. It had a great flavor and no bitterness it wasn't super smooth but it just had something about it that made it special. Overall I give it an A because it was such a huge surprise to me how good this beer was. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.





Information from Flying Dog Website

ABV: 5.6%
Hop Bitterness: 30 IBU
Plato: 14
Hops: German Pale, Hallertau
Yeast: Proprietary Lager Strain
Pairs with: Mexican and Pepper Jack cheeses, sweet Asian sauces, spiced deserts, German foods

Information from myfitnessplan.com


Flying Dog Brewing Company - Dogtoberfest

  1.   
Calories146Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs11 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein0 g
Cholesterol0 mg  
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment