Saturday, December 3, 2011

12/2/11 Troegs Pale Ale

So last night I got home from work and everyone was pooped so it was a night for some vegan Chinese. So I decided to sit down with a Troegs Pale Ale (available at Brewer's Outlet in Pottsville) and a plate of veggie delight from Little Rickie's in Minersville. The ale was fairly cold at 40.3 degrees and went nicely with the smokey flavor of my veggie delight. The head was average at 2" and it was white and frothy with excellent head lacing. The head dissipated somewhat slowly and had a soft carbonation. The body clarity was sparkling with a yellow color. It had a citrus aroma and tasted of a mixture of wheat and grains. The flavor was light with an average finish length. It left me with a watery mouth feel and a middle tongue hit. The body lacing was excellent and overall I would rate it a B+. I probably am getting a little harder in my rating but the more I drink the more I think I demand of a beer. This was a solid beer with pretty good flavor and went well with my dinner but didn't have any qualities that got me overly excited. So far everything from the variety pack is good and there is a good mix of different tastes and colors which I look for in a variety pack so with one beer left to review I would say I would recommend it even without tasting the last beer. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.






Information from Troegs website


Tröegs Pale Ale

Alcohol by Volume: 5.4%
Hop Bitterness (IBU's): 45
Color: Copper
Availability: Year Round
Malts: Pilsner, Munich
Hops: Liberty, Cascade
HopBack Hops: Whole leaf Cascade
Yeast: Ale

“Really well done and an excellent take on the style”
— RateBeer.com 2003
Tröegs Pale Ale is an American style Pale Ale that is aggressively hopped with Northwest Cascades and balanced with crystal malts to create a hoppy, copper-colored crisp ale. An excellent example of a classic American Pale Ale.

FOOD COMPLIMENTS

Tröegs Pale Ale pairs nicely with Mediterranean foods, starches and anything with fresh herbs. The floral hop character also blends with cheesy dishes like pizza, pasta and dips.
Serving Suggestions:
Temp: 45-50° F  Glassware:  Pint Glass

No comments:

Post a Comment