Sunday, December 11, 2011

12/9/11 Dundee Pale Bock Lager

So I didn't write up this review yesterday because I was so tired I couldn't even drink and I attribute a lot of that to the 14 vegan Christmas cookies that I had consumed over the course of the day. So two nights ago I did a dual review with my brother. I had the Dundee Pale Bock Lager (my first Bock Beer available in a variety pack at Brewer's Outlet in Pottsville) and he had a Sudwerk Lager. After finishing our beers and discussing the reviews I really wish I had the Sudwerk his opinion of his beer was a lot better than mine. On my beer which was 41.3 degrees had a huge head at 5" and was rocky in appearance with an off white color. The head lacing was fair and the head dissipated slowly. The carbonation was little and the body clarity was hazy and gold in color. The taste and aroma were both that of grain. The flavor was light and the finish was average. The mouth feel was dry and the tongue hit was towards the back with good body lacing. Overall I would say this beer was a B. For me I could drink it but it wouldn't be something I was rushing back for and I was hoping for a little more out of my first bock beer but it still wasn't horrible and it was something different with an interesting design to the bottle.





Food Pairing from BeerAdvocate

Cuisine (Italian, German) Cheese (nutty; Asiago, Colby, Parmesan) Meat (Fish, Shellfish, Salmon)

Nutritional information from myfitnessplan.com


Dundee - Pale Boch Lager

  1.   
Calories150Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs0 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein0 g
Cholesterol0 mg  
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.


Information from Dundee Website
IBU: 25
ABV: 6.25%
Beginning Gravity: 16.5 Plato
Ending Gravity: 15.5 Plato
Yeast: Lager
Bittering Hops: Magnum
Taste & Aroma Hops: Czech Saaz

No comments:

Post a Comment