About Me

My photo

Former editor in chief of an award winning publication, avid outdoorsman, love hiking, kayaking, fishing, biking, visiting state parks, published writer, avid drinker, certified bartender, beer rater and I ran a bar tending school, and blogger writing under title of the Man Can Critic 

Sunday, November 20, 2011

11/19/11 Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale

So I'm on my third Blue Moon beer from  the winter variety pack I got at Brewer's Outlet in Pottsville. Last night I had the Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale with some harvest trail mix my wife got at Weis and non have disappointed so far. However I am slightly biased in that Blue Moon is one of my favorite beers. The ABV on this ale was 5.6% and it had a large head at 3" which was fizzy and off-white in color. The head dissipated slowly and had excellent lacing. The body clarity was normal with soft carbonation and a copper color. It had a caramel aroma and a toffee finish with a light flavor. The finish length was average and like the other blue moon beers left my mouth with a creamy feel. The body lacing was excellent and in had a middle tongue hit. Overall I gave it an A- not a hugely different tasting beer but still a great beer none the less. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.  Also no need for an opener this one is a twist off.

Other information I got off of the bottle.
The copper colored ale is crafted with roasted malts, Belgian sugar, and a touch of wheat for a rich caramel flavor and a smooth toffee finish.

Garnish Information off of Blue Moon Facebook page
Rim glass with a mix of brown sugar and cinnamon.
Pairing information from beeradvocate
Cheese (buttery; Brie, Gouda, Havarti, Swiss, pungent; Gorgonzola, Limburger) General (Chocolate) Meat (Beef)  [ ? ]  

Nutritional Information from myfittnesspal.com


Calories180Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs15 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein0 g
Cholesterol0 mg
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.



No comments:

Post a Comment