Sunday, November 20, 2011

11/19/11 Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale

So I'm on my third Blue Moon beer from  the winter variety pack I got at Brewer's Outlet in Pottsville. Last night I had the Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale with some harvest trail mix my wife got at Weis and non have disappointed so far. However I am slightly biased in that Blue Moon is one of my favorite beers. The ABV on this ale was 5.6% and it had a large head at 3" which was fizzy and off-white in color. The head dissipated slowly and had excellent lacing. The body clarity was normal with soft carbonation and a copper color. It had a caramel aroma and a toffee finish with a light flavor. The finish length was average and like the other blue moon beers left my mouth with a creamy feel. The body lacing was excellent and in had a middle tongue hit. Overall I gave it an A- not a hugely different tasting beer but still a great beer none the less. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.  Also no need for an opener this one is a twist off.

Other information I got off of the bottle.
The copper colored ale is crafted with roasted malts, Belgian sugar, and a touch of wheat for a rich caramel flavor and a smooth toffee finish.

Garnish Information off of Blue Moon Facebook page
Rim glass with a mix of brown sugar and cinnamon.
Pairing information from beeradvocate
Cheese (buttery; Brie, Gouda, Havarti, Swiss, pungent; Gorgonzola, Limburger) General (Chocolate) Meat (Beef)  [ ? ]  

Nutritional Information from myfittnesspal.com


Calories180Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs15 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein0 g
Cholesterol0 mg
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.



No comments:

Post a Comment