Tuesday, November 22, 2011

11/21/11 Landshark Original Island Lager

So last night I made my weekly trip up to Dorko's in Mount Carmel, PA to participate in trivia on a Monday night. The RZA just barely fell short chopping away at the lead all night long but coming up one question short. I thought I would have the pleasure of sampling Bob's new menu item the vegan burger but alas I was to late and the demand for vegan food caused me to have to eat the ever changing style of fries. I was very pleased with them tonight though. They were probably the best I have ever had from Dorko's which are always a great addition to my pounder of the week. I thought last week I had finished off all of the pounders so I decided to try a Landshark. Later in the night though I discovered that there are still some other options in the cooler which I will be exploring next week. The lager was the coldest beer I can remember having coming in way under freezing at a chilling 29.8 degrees. The head was small at 1" with a white fizzing appearance that dissipated quickly. The head lacing was good with a medium carbonation. The body clarity was clear and the color yellow. The aroma had a grainy smell to it and its initial flavor reminded me of what I could remember of an MGD and then switched to a Corona like flavor. The flavor was light with a short finish length that left my mouth feeling somewhere between dry and watery. The tongue hit was towards the back and the body lacing was fair. Overall the beer came in at a B because it is decent but nothing special for the extra money it costs. Also remember your can opener because its not a twist off. Thank you for reading and as always please drink responsibly.




Pairing information and ABV from beer advocate
ABV 4.7%
Pairings: Cuisine (Barbecue, Indian, Latin American, Thai, Pan Asian) Cheese (peppery; Monterey / Pepper Jack) Meat (Shellfish) 
Nutritional Information from myfitnesspal.com

Margaritaville - Landshark Premium Lager

  1.   
Calories150Sodium0 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs13 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein0 g
Cholesterol0 mg  
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment