Friday, November 18, 2011

11/17/11 Blue Moon Belgian White

So I was at Brewer's Outlet in Pottsville  yesterday and picked up a case of Blue Moon Winter Variety Pack which also has a recipe book in it for pairing with each of the beers. I know that I was supposed to do a tour of other countries but I had a draft of Blue Moon last week and thought it didn't taste like how I remembered it. So I got the case and decided to go with the traditional Blue Moon Belgian White because of the dish I was pairing it with. I had heavenly Thai pineapple rice which has pineapple and coriander in it so I thought they would go nicely together. I was right that mixed beautifully it was a symphony in my mouth. The head was large at 3" and had a fizzy off white appearance. It had fair head lacing which dissipated slowly. There was little carbonation to this murky orange drink and a hint of orange flavor and aroma. The flavor was light with an average finish length and it left my mouth with a creamy feel to it. The Belgian White hit my tongue towards the back and had good body lacing. Overall I would give it an A- because it is one of my favorite non Yuengling beers. Thanks for reading and as always drink responsibly.  Also no need for an opener this one is a twist off.

The link for the recipe is above I used a dried cayenne pepper and half a jalapeno pepper and only one small shallot and half a red onion and it was probably the best version I've done so far.


Nutritional information from myfitnesspal.com

Blue Moon - Belgian White

  1.   
Calories171Sodium8 mg
Total Fat0 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated0 gTotal Carbs13 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars0 g
Trans0 gProtein2 g
Cholesterol0 mg
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

ABV: 5.4%
Beer advocate pairings: Cheese (peppery; Monterey / Pepper Jack, tangy; Brick, Edam, Feta) General (Salad) Meat (Poultry, Fish, Shellfish)

No comments:

Post a Comment